Visit Our WordPress Meetup Site
6:00 p.m. Introductions & Burning Issues
6:15-7:00pm “Show and Tell” We’ll have a laptop set up so that individual members can spend a few minutes talking about a favorite theme or plugin. Kathryn Gorges will lead off Connections Directory plugin and calendar of events.
7:05pm Brian Childers (http://foxxr.com) Google Authorship is a powerful tactic for authors and writers that will set you apart in the SERP results. Incorporate it and you will realize benefits such as:
- Google prioritizes authored content to help users find more relevant content
- Allows authors to ‘claim’ their work and solidifies their authority within their industry
- Increases engagement between authors and readers
Brian Childers of Foxxr will take your through the steps to verify your google authorship in a few simple steps and get your author archives showing up in search results.
Anybody attend WordCamp in SF? Sara is still organizing her notes but can give us a recap next month.
Here’s link to videos
Melody’s 10 Cool Plugins for WordPress:
- MP3 Player Plugin (example #1 and example #2 )
- Photo Galleries: NextGEN Gallery for WordPress (example #1 example #2)
- Photo Galleries: Simple Viewer (example)
- “301 Redirects“
- Best Forms Plugin: Gravity Forms
- Backup Buddy
- Social Media Using Thesis (example)
- Google Translator Button (example)
- Calendar (example)