1. Set up Google alerts
Monitor the Web for interesting new content. Google Alerts are email updates of the latest relevant Google results (web, news, etc.) based on your choice of query or topic. www.google.com/alerts
2. Add social media sites to your toolbar for quick and easy access. Browser toolbar (examples of browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Safari). Go to the browser tab that says Bookmarks or Favorites to add to your toolbar. //en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toolbar
3. Experiment with Nutshell Mail
Receive all your Facebook & Twitter updates through a single email for free. //nutshellmail.com
4. bit.ly – shorten, share, track your links
5. Ping.fm – broadcast to multiple places
6. Linkbait generator: Click the “Generate” button to create catchy headlines for blog posts and social media postings.
7. Facebook: Causes
8. Twitter: Favorites, Lists
9. LinkedIn: Groups, Recs, Apps
10. Blog: Feedburner – FeedBurner provides custom RSS feeds and management tools to bloggers, podcasters, and other web-based content publishers.
Mashable – social media news blog, www.mashable.com
Social Media Today – website, blog, www.socialmediatoday.com
Social Media Examiner – Jungle guide www.socialmediaexaminer.com
NYT Tech Bits – industry news – //bits.blogs.nytimes.com