Search Engine Optimization Strategy
Search engine marketing and search engine optimization defined
SEO is the process of improving the volume and quality of traffic to a website from search engines through non-paid, “natural” (also called organic) search results. As a site is developed, SEO-savvy techniques help persuade search engine users to visit your website…and that translates to more business!
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) makes a website more visible to search engine “crawlers” so your website ranks higher. Typically, the higher a site’s “page rank” (i.e, the earlier it appears in the search results list), the more visitors the site will receive from the search engine and hence, more business.
SEO is a complex science. Large companies devote thousands of dollars monthly to improve their SEO; however, small businesses can take steps that will make a difference. Here’s a link to some basic info. Or, learn best practices right from Google here: Download Google’s 32-page Guide. Nowadays, most developers use a professional service to calculate what you are doing right and what needs improvement. I use SemRush and here is the latest intelligence they provided to their clients.
Melody’s Services for Optimizing Your Website
For Increasing Search Engine Rankings, Building Stronger Relationships with Your Prospect and Clients, and Turning Visitors into Clients
Online marketing services:
- Website analytics
- Keyword analysis and recommendation
- Search engine optimization
- Google Adword campaigns
- Creating a “sticky” site
- Email newsletters and list management
- Blogs and forums
Analytics enables you to see where your visitors are coming from and how they interact with your site. We can provide you with monthly reports that will provide you with information to improve the effectiveness of your website and write more compelling ads.
The right keywords on your website will improve your search engine rankability, which will result in higher traffic. We use online tools to rank and quantify the number of searches done on various terms to see which will be the most effective for you.
Keyword Research Tools:
Two common Search Engine Marketing methods are:
1. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – the process of improving the volume and quality of traffic to a website from search engines through non-paid, organic search results or algorithmic-based search results. SEO can also include “local search,” which is the use of specialized Internet search engines that allow users to submit geographically constrained searches against a structured database of local business listings.
Here are some common, non-paid SEO strategies:
- Having keyword-rich web pages (in headlines, subheads and body copy)
- Having keywords in the title of your pages (that appear at the top of your browser)
- SEO-friendly page descriptions and see this link for Yoast’s plugin
- Having keywords in your domain name
- Naming the images in your site using keywords
- Naming the Alt tags of images using keywords
- Creating in-bound links to your site from popular websites
- Including keywords in your site’s filenames.
2. Pay-per-click campaigns PPC campaigns require strategy, planning, and development. To implement a campaign with sustained ROI, campaigns must be optimized on an ongoing basis using A/B testing, web analytics and conversion tracking.
A successful PPC campaign includes:
- Measurable goals
- Test of specific keywords
- Test of compelling offers where the advertised offer links to an optimized landing page
- The ability to track responses and conversions
- An analysis of visitor behavior
- ‘Keywords that convert’ and can be used in other marketing communications
Creating a “sticky,” effective site
Before implementing search engine marketing strategies to drive more traffic to your site, it’s important that your website is designed so that visitors can quickly and easily find what they are looking for, or they will quickly depart. Some strategies for creating a “sticky” site include:
- Adding video to your home page
- Using elegant, conventional navigation
- Using home page messaging that offers a solution to an urgent problem
- Making an offer which compels the visitor to take a certain action
- Minimizing the number of clicks to reach key information
- Adding a blog
- Getting subscribers to a newsletter
- Motivating visitors to request an appointment
- Facilitating a purchase
- Adding a resource section
- Offering site tours, demonstrations, photo slide shows
- Incorporating a compelling story
- Updating content so that site is timely
- Providing archives (press releases, fact sheets, briefings)
- Conducting usability testing to learn about the user experience
- Email newsletters and list management
- Regular Blogs and forums
Basic SEO Package ($500):
- Register/Verify your site with Google.
- Add Google Local Registration and Geo-tagging
- Create/Install a Google Site Map on your site
- Create unique title tags for each page
- Create unique description tags for each page
- Name the images in your site using keywords
Premium Monthly Packages $600+
While I can provide a basic package, we can also collaborate with other local experts to pursue more robust strategies that include Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Social Media Optimization (SMO), Pay-per-click advertising campaigns.
The right keywords on your website in the appropriate places can help achieve higher search engine rankings, resulting in higher traffic. We use tools to rank and quantify the number of searches done on various terms to determine which will be the most effective for you.